Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hooray for Baby Showers!!!




The hostess' came up with a fabulous idea...instead of buying a card, buy a small book and sign it for the little one. What a great idea!!!! So we have already started a small library...LOVE IT!
P.S. On a funny note, I had to tell Hal to move because his cute little hiney in his undies was sitting on the bed, the initial pic included this, but I thought I would spare you. :)



If nothing else, we can at least bring our baby home from the hospital in its new stylish carseat (apparently they don't let you take the kids home unless you have one),it will have a place to sleep (crib), ride around in its' new wheels (stroller), it will be able to bounce (bouncer), and have its own seat at the table when its big enough to sit up and eat! We still have some heavy duty shopping to do to be ready, but thank you so much to all who helped us get started!!!!!




My Granny found this old book that she used to read to my mom and Aunt. She took the "Z" out for zebra and made a sweet picture out of it. If you look closely, she added a sign to the litte rabbit that says, "Love GGma" (Great Grandma).



Every once in a while my sister surprises me! She made this super cute diaper cake, and it turned out great. Complete with baby wash, pink shoes (I think she thinks it's a girl), and even a few snickers bars for me. I am so impressed and I love it Jenn!!!!!!


We had a super fun shower this weekend! Thank you to all our friends and family who were able to come. We were blessed with so many nice gifts. Although I was on the brink of death yesterday, this morning I was up at 5:30 am (because I couldn't breathe) putting away all the little bitty clothes, books, and goodies. It is starting to look a little bit more like a babies room. My amazing friend Kara turned out to be our personal photographer the whole time, so when I get pictures from her I'll upload those. For now, you just get pics of fun baby stuff!!!!

My Aunt Debbie made these adorable zebra centerpieces. One side had blue eyelashes and the other had pink, since we aren't for sure if it's a girl or a boy!

1 comment:

Kara said...

The zebra theme was awesome - thanks for inviting me to your day :)


Our Life Story...

One of my favorite quotes is "You are the author of your own life story..." How true is that???? So, here is a brief glimpse into our life story. It's not always super exciting (actually-it is pretty exciting), but it's always blessed...


Followers

About Me

Really, it's not about me, it's about us...We've almost been married two years now!!!! I can't believe it. I think I can honestly say it's been the best two years of my life. Who knew marriage could be so wonderful? I sure didn't. I have the most wonderful husband on the entire planet. Although, I'm sure some of my friends would argue that their husband is the best...But you know, if you marry your God Given Soul Mate-I'll let you have that one. Yours is the most wonderful man for you!!! And to all my girlfriends who have married that man, I am SO happy for you because you know how great marriage can be. And if you haven't found him yet, don't give up. Just be patient...He is out there somewhere, just waiting for the perfect time to come into your life. I can't imagine that it's going to get any better...I suppose just "different" yet awesome, once our baby gets here. I am thankful each day for all God has given us...

My Blog List