Halli's first day to wear a "real outfit" as well. Usually we just hang out in a onsie and mama is in yoga pants. It was quite a day! Her Uncle Ryan and Aunt Sandra gave her the cute outfit for Christmas.
Aunt Jenn and Uncle Sean on Christmas...She has on her new Christmas dress.
Am I alive still???? Most days, I think so, others I'm not so sure about. Halli was 3 weeks old yesterday so I thought we'd celebrate by going to Costco. Who though Costco would be such a treat? People? Driving? Sunlight? Real clothes? Ahhh...things I haven't seen or done in 3 weeks. Don't get me wrong, they have been oh-so-wonderful weeks, just out of touch with reality. Some days I missed a shower...I remember thinking when I heard new moms say "I didn't even have time to shower today," how on earth do you not have time to shower? Now I get it, I get it. I not only got to shower today but got to wash my hair too! A real treat. And wear jeans, and drive my car, and interact with the checkout lady. What a dream. I hope the days of "is it today, yesterday, or tomorrow" are getting fewer, but if not, that's ok too. She is totally worth every minute of a dirty, milky, body and hair, no sleep, not much eating, and no cleaning the house.
She is the absolute most precious thing on earth. How can you love something so much you have only known for 22 days? I'm really not sure, but it's pretty cool. I ponder what is my favorite body part of hers...her feet, her hands, cute ears, nose, or her pot belly after she eats. It's a toss up.
Hal is out of town off and on for a few weeks so it's just Halli and I, and grandma a lot of the time too. We are actually surviving pretty well just the two of us. We are getting lots of quality time.
My department chair just called and my long term sub found out she has cancer, so now I have to try and find another replacement. Ugh. Stress. If anyone knows anybody who can teach HS biology, let me know!
Hopefully it won't be another 3 weeks before I can blog again...but you never know.
4 comments:
Congrats to you and Hal, Staci! This is Jenn's friend Cassie. I just wanted to tell you how absolutely precious Halli is. Hope you're enjoying motherhood! Take care.
Staci - I love getting to read updates on the Gahm family. You described the first three weeks of motherhood perfectly - "dirty, milky body and hair." I remember thinking one day, "okay, I've been peed on, spit up on, and I've leaked milk all over myself; I think its time to take a shower now." Ahh, the joys of motherhood. So glad you're doing well. Halli is absoultely beautiful!!
I love that flower hat! Where did she get it? I hope I have a girl, just so she can wear an awesome hat like that. Boys just can't wear anything even close to as cute as that hat! :) LOVE, love, love her.
She is so stinkin' cute! And that is really sad to hear about your sub - I didn't know that it was your responsibility to find a sub for your class? That's weird.
Post a Comment