Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My first fondant cake!


Well, please don't be too critical. Making cakes is one of my new hobbies. Obviously, this is a pretty simple cake. I rushed to finish last night while Hal got ready to leave for CO (for an entire month...) hence part of its simplicity. I wanted to spend some time with him. I give props to my fondant teacher, Kara, whom I got the flower idea from. She is a great teacher!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't tell you to look at her cake for comparison reasons, that would be a BAD thing! Don't look too close or you'll find all my mistakes. Unfortunately, it just went in the trash because it took me so long to finish it...I'm a little scared of how it will taste now (and I surely don't need to eat a whole cake by myself!) Anyways, I'll be off to hobby lobby this week to get some more supplies. I ghettofied some tools I already had to see if I enjoyed it before I spend abunch of money on cake stuff. Cheers. Thanks Kara! You rock!

1 comment:

Kara said...

That looks great! Much better than my first cake...which also went in the trash...because it looked like trash :) It won't take you long and everyone will be asking you to make cakes :)


Our Life Story...

One of my favorite quotes is "You are the author of your own life story..." How true is that???? So, here is a brief glimpse into our life story. It's not always super exciting (actually-it is pretty exciting), but it's always blessed...


Followers

About Me

Really, it's not about me, it's about us...We've almost been married two years now!!!! I can't believe it. I think I can honestly say it's been the best two years of my life. Who knew marriage could be so wonderful? I sure didn't. I have the most wonderful husband on the entire planet. Although, I'm sure some of my friends would argue that their husband is the best...But you know, if you marry your God Given Soul Mate-I'll let you have that one. Yours is the most wonderful man for you!!! And to all my girlfriends who have married that man, I am SO happy for you because you know how great marriage can be. And if you haven't found him yet, don't give up. Just be patient...He is out there somewhere, just waiting for the perfect time to come into your life. I can't imagine that it's going to get any better...I suppose just "different" yet awesome, once our baby gets here. I am thankful each day for all God has given us...

My Blog List