Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Halli's first day at church, Easter Dress, swaddles, and a Labradoodle?

I am wondering why someone doesn't make a swaddle large enough to fit a three year old. I personally like to be all snuggled up when I sleep, I'd probably buy one for me if they had them in adult sizes. We have been transitioning to sleeping swaddle-less. Poor Halli has battle scars all over her face from where she scratches herself while she is flailing around. She has woke up at 5 the last few mornings (I'm used to 7 or 8) so I'm wondering if that is part of it. She is getting so big, it seems in just a few days she has grown so much. I laid her in her bassinet two days ago and she was almost too big for it. Where she used to take up only a half of it now her sweet body almost stretches the whole length of the bassinet. It was a sad moment...I realized (again) how fast she is going to grow up. I don't want to miss a day of it, Monday would have been my first day back to work (had I gone back) after my FMLA expired. So glad I didn't...even though the little rascal has been fussy the last few days. I still love her. Her smile makes everything worth it.

Halli will also take her first plane ride this Saturday! We are going to IL to see Hal's family for a week. I hope she does well! I'm dreading all the junk we have to take, and not especially happy they are charging for each piece of luggage. Obviously who ever made this rule does not have children. Apparently it snowed alot last week, which I'm not super excited about. Halli (nor I) have lots of snow gear. But I am so excited to see his family, snow or no snow! I know he is excited to show her off to everyone!

Oh! I learned something new the other day. A neighbor was walking her ginormous dog, what I thought was a poodle. Apparently there is such a breed as a "Labradoodle." Hmmm. Who knew?

Halli loves to sit by the door and take in the outdoors. It had just rained so it was nice and cool and she'll just sit and listen and watch. Adorable. She looks like a little man sitting there...



My grandma is the best ever. She made Halli this adorable Easter dress and bonnet. I couldn't resist putting it on her and taking some photos before Easter. Grandma used to make all my sister and I's special occasion dresses as well. Very, very sweet, something that will always be special. Love you Grandma!


This is mama's favorite new outfit our sweet friends Brian and Sarah got Halli (which I still need your address Sarah!). It is super cute on her!



Halli got to go to church for the first time this Sunday with Grammy and Gumpy. It was their 1st anniversary of the break off church CBC started so we had a picnic and a Marachi band was there. It was a great time.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

that is adorable[the part where Halli is sticking out her tongUe]love , the gahm family Greg,Kathy,Dylan,Heidi,Heather,and Victoria ps we can not wait till you come to lena, illinois.

BLocke said...

aghhh I love these new pictures!!


Our Life Story...

One of my favorite quotes is "You are the author of your own life story..." How true is that???? So, here is a brief glimpse into our life story. It's not always super exciting (actually-it is pretty exciting), but it's always blessed...


Followers

About Me

Really, it's not about me, it's about us...We've almost been married two years now!!!! I can't believe it. I think I can honestly say it's been the best two years of my life. Who knew marriage could be so wonderful? I sure didn't. I have the most wonderful husband on the entire planet. Although, I'm sure some of my friends would argue that their husband is the best...But you know, if you marry your God Given Soul Mate-I'll let you have that one. Yours is the most wonderful man for you!!! And to all my girlfriends who have married that man, I am SO happy for you because you know how great marriage can be. And if you haven't found him yet, don't give up. Just be patient...He is out there somewhere, just waiting for the perfect time to come into your life. I can't imagine that it's going to get any better...I suppose just "different" yet awesome, once our baby gets here. I am thankful each day for all God has given us...

My Blog List